I received this, but say that is paypal but do not think so

DomingoDennis
Contributor
Contributor

Dear xxxxxx,

Thank you for using PayPal.

Note:PayPal verifies member's account on a regular basis, this transaction ID:C826-L003-Q999-T53659 
has been verified and approved by PayPal Authority and can  not be cancelled or reverse back. 

The funds is being held in our Database 101 : And funds will be released into your account once we receive the tracking number from you .

You might not be able to view the current status of the transaction in your PayPal account recent activities or access the funds in your account until the transaction is complete and before you can complete the transaction you have to dispatch the item out first and get back to us with the tracking number to credit your account.

You have 100% assurance from PayPal authority that your fund shall be released to your account  instantly when we receive the tracking number from you to the required Name and address.

Once this requirement is met in the next 24hours,your fund will be released into your account  instantly.

Please understand that we are taking this measure to safeguard both parties.

Thank you for using PayPal

PayPal makes it easy to send/receive money for your auctions.

Thanks for your co-operation.
Yours sincerely,

Emma Robertson
President

from this mail: xxxxxxxxx@mail.com
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal and often ask you to send the item as a gift to a relative somewhere often Nigeria.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number......this won't happen.

They also threaten legal action...have a laugh at that one and ignore it as its rubbish.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

I give up my time to help you so a thank you or kudos would be cool.

Marking one of my replies as a solution would be appreciated if I sorted your problem.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DomingoDennis
Contributor
Contributor
thank you very much something I thought, but I wanted someone to confirm it.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.