I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

charles321
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased an item on 11-29-13 I returned some days later as agreed with seller to this date i have not been refunded i have made contact several times and no responce..

Login to Me Too

ksgrnd8
Contributor
Contributor
Want a refund from last two transactions, please. After got my $44.00 would not allow me to next Area to start work to make money! Then when I wrote them got the responce back This is for your own good. Good luck in future.
Login to Me Too

jorose
Contributor
Contributor

I have had a number of refunds and I don't see them credited to my Paypal account??? I can see it on my statement but it has not been credited back to ma account??????

Login to Me Too

Lwfarr56
New Community Member
I have been issued 2 refunds by PayPal, but I have not seen the actual credit or refund in my PayPal account balance or my bank account. One refund was for an item I purchased using Paypal and I never received the item for $63. The other was for an item I purchased on Ebay, using PayPal and the seller canceled my order after I sent payment b/c the item was defected for $80 less a $20 Ebay coupon for a $60 refund. Would you please check the status of these 2 refunds? Thank you! Kind regards, Laurie Farr
Login to Me Too

Jdarcher
Contributor
Contributor
Purchased a item two days ago. Seller aggregated to cancel order yesterday, but can't withdraw my money. £48! It's Christmas and I need that to get the right item! PayPal already charges 3% on transactions, and now holding onto my money. I won't be using PayPal again now, will use one of the other FREE payment portals.
Login to Me Too

Ciarak
New Community Member

What if i recieved a email saying it was refunded but its not showing up

Login to Me Too

Tarald427
New Community Member
PayPal holds your money to use it for their own purposes for a few days. It's how they make money off of using their services. There's no reason it shouldn't be instant, since it comes out if your account instant, other then that they hold it.
Login to Me Too

Mariana77
New Community Member
The time can vary as to the funding source the company uses, can be from 1 to 4 days or if an eCheck is used, when I can reciev my money.
Login to Me Too

JosephMcLellan
New Community Member

In addition to the 7day period it takes to clear, you should also include 3-5 days to have it deposited back to your bank account.

This is very disappointing, Now we know why other cripto currencies have gained so much popularity.

Login to Me Too

how long does it take (days, weeks, months etc.) and if i don't get after that time, what steps should i take as a follow up to that?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.