I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

nafrandsen
New Community Member

I am in the same boat as the dozens of other users of PayPal.  I am due two refunds on charges that were deducted from my bank account on 3/25/14.  Here it is 4/9/14 and I am still due the money on those two refunds totalling $165.58.

In a separate issue, Just in the last two days, I recieved an email stating if I was purchased from a particular company on-line, my order would recieve a $10.00 discount if I used my PayPal account.  I took them up on the offer.  I didn't recieve my $10.00 discount.  After two days of sending email after email to the company and to PayPal, I recieved my $10.00 discount, from the company.  I didn't recieve a single response to my grievance from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

lrdecker
Contributor
Contributor

I agree, I haven't seen my refund of $1272.20 into my bank acct. yet either.  But when you use Pay Pal to purchase it only takes seconds to be processed---so why so long for a refund to our bank acct.??!!

Login to Me Too

Babyshells
I totally agree!!! It takes literally seconds to whip money out of your account, but oh dear takes like 10 days to put it back in. 😒 yeah, I also would love to hear the response to this question, as I have the same question. However, on a side note dear, do you mind me asking why you refunded what ever it was that you did? If it's not too personal of a question, I was jus curious! Thanks. 😊 Hope ur problem got resolved!
Login to Me Too

jmarkj
Contributor
Contributor

I feel your pain! Bottom line is Paypal is the only game in town if you want to buy/sell anything on eby! They have NO incentive to improve their crappy web site with links that go no where and "help" pages that do NOT even come close to fixing/finding the problems we are having. I actually have an email address whose name is "Paypal sucks@..........net". Yea, i'm upset too. BUT you must remember that Paypal is NOT a bank nor are they a "banking instatution", they are a "money moving" company. They have to "request" funds from OUR bank, then run them through the FDIC, then through their participating BANK, then backwards again so they can make the transfer successful. It takes time and everyone want's to hold OUR money for as long as they can on the "float" so they can ammass countless millions even for a few days, investing and lending it as they see fit. For every one milling they hold for ONE day on the "float", they MAKE $150,000 on average. Pretty neet isn't it. Too bad its on OUR dime! 

Crap, now I"m getting really PI**ed and it's only 3;32am. 

Have fun waiting along with countless millions just like us. 

Mark 

Login to Me Too

thelit23
New Community Member

The same happens to me twice, why is it that Paypal is stealing my money from my refund? it has been more than 15 days from one refund and nothing yet. Neither my Paypal nor my bank

Login to Me Too

Lizr1
New Community Member
I made a payment on the 22"march The payment did not go throu ss i had not rwgistered my new card I panicked and cancelled it Now it says cancelled and complete but the money is not in my bank or in my paypal
Login to Me Too

Steve_Gee
Contributor
Contributor

I am with you, you can go to some backwoods cafe and use an ATM to buy some coffee and by the time you get home that night that debit is against the funds available.

Lastw eek I requested a cancellation of a pruchase on 7th and got a refund on the 8th and yesterday saw an email tellign em I has cash, when I went to PoorPal I saw a whats this link and it said being held for business days (exact wording) and today its goen from PPAL and not in AMEX.

I think they all have a loan of our money from 48 horus to up to 5 days and not a thing we can do about it.

Only way to play this game is not play the game at all.

2 cents.

Login to Me Too

ljrj
Contributor
Contributor

I am not seeing my refund back into my bank account.. It is in my paypal account since the 16th it is for 200 dollards

Login to Me Too

ornela
Contributor
Contributor
Yes,they are fast when they take money. Im kinda disapointed in paypal. Everything is slow. And for every transaction they take 0,49€. Terrible. 😑
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ornela

With every transaction paypal CREDIT the seller for you and paypal take the wait for the funds to transfer from your funding source.........fact.

That is why we get buyers on here concerned that their item is on the way but the funds have not left their bank account yet.

I have 2 pending transactions on my credit card but my item is already on the way.

So your 'they take their payment fast' point does not hold water.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.