I'm not seeing my refund yet. How long does it take?

Red5oxFan13
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a couple things a few days ago for around $145 and it apparently went through, but then the company canceled the transaction and issued me a refund. I got the email from the company and paypal saying my refund was issued. When I look on my recent payment history on paypal it shows the transaction and it says refunded but the money is not in my bank account or my paypal account.

I paid directly from my bank account not a credit card. How long will it be for me to see my refund?

Login to Me Too
152 REPLIES 152

arummelt
New Community Member

Hi,

I sold something on ebay, but for some reason the wrong e-mail address was automatically put in where it should have been my e-mail that goes to my paypal account. They girl repaid to the correct e-mail amount, but doesn't have her money that went to the wrong e-mail account that is NOT set up to paypal. I cancelled the transaction with ebay, but she wants to know how long it will take to get her refund or if we need to do anything else?

Thank you,

Amanda

Login to Me Too

madisonloui
Well I just talked to customer service (they were very polite in the face of my disbelief) and if you use a bank account it takes them 3 - 4 business days to "review" the transaction and once they are satisfied(?) that all is 'okay?' with that transaction...well then lucky me they will put it in my Paypal account...but wait it gets better...THEN...I have to REQUEST that my funds be put back in my bank...and wait for it...then they have to review THAT transaction for another 3-4 days....what a racket! Needless to say I will no longer be utilizing Paypal after I have freed my funds from their clutches.....good luck to you all in getting your own funds returned...
Login to Me Too

ShyKiagana
Contributor
Contributor

I used my bank card on ebay around the 22nd which was wednesday but around the 25th i had gotten a refund but nothing is showing up anywhere.. not on paypal, not in my bank... how long do i have to wait for paypal to give me the money? its almost 3 days but im trying to figure out if its going to be put into my paypal or my bank...  Im seriously confused..

Login to Me Too

Manemzjum
Contributor
Contributor

The whole process is a complete SCAM to make money off your money

I purchased a phone for my daughters birthday seller infomed me it was now defective and issued a refund 30 mins after payment was sent

My £113 refund has been on hold now for 6 days and my daughter has now had to go without a birthday present as i can not afford to replace this money that is being held agaisnt my will for no reason other than personnel gain 

Absolute disgrace paypal and ebay can take flying %^&* to themselves as soon as this refund is processed 

send money instant

withdraw money instant 

Refund money Whenever we see fit 

Thats some policy 

Login to Me Too

ShyKiagana
Contributor
Contributor

I am so frustrated with waiting.. now i got an email saying my transaction cancelled! why? oh because I DONT GOT A **bleep** BANK ACCOUNT ON PAYPAL!? it should go STRAIGHT to the balance of paypal... I am NOT adding a **bleep** bank card onto a site that will turn around and give a massive **bleep** you to everyone... I just want my money back, spend it all then never deal with paypal EVER AGAIN!  i should NOT NEED A BANK CARD ON HERE IF ITS A PAYPAL BALANCE! NOT MY BANK BALANCE! UNLESS THEY PLAN TO PUT THE MONEY STRAIGHT INTO MY BANK, IM NOT DOING IT! GIVE US OUR **bleep** MONEY AND QUIT DELAYING THIS CRAP!

Login to Me Too

fallenfox
Contributor
Contributor
Exactly. PayPal is a go through to pay for purchases or pay individuals money. PayPal gets a cut of every transaction. The only a bank account should be when you want funds pulled from your bank account to pay for your purchases. If what I believe you did, is loaded money into paypal to pay for something with PayPal and then returned it for a refund? What they do: 1. They get your refund back and label the refund "transaction complete". 2. They wait a week or more to return that refund to the source it was pulled from i.e. If you used your credit card, Bank Visa (ATM) etc. I've heard some accounts aren't credited back for 3 weeks or more. 3. PayPal also makes any other functions, information very difficult to find or update. I needed to change my last name after getting married, and I had to come up with all kinds of documents to do so and it took forever. None of my CC cards required that, nor my bank accounts. This made transactions impossible because Paypal would not accept paying for my purchases in my new last name!!! 4. It's also a **bleep** to just change your password and is always asking for more Credit Cards to be added/linked to my account.
Login to Me Too

ShyKiagana
Contributor
Contributor
thing is though i was on ebay, using my bank account but asked me for my paypal user and pass. so i had a thing for "Transaction" appear tonight when it was 3 days ago i was supposed to be refunded...
Login to Me Too

Mazzy3
Contributor
Contributor

I received 2 refunds from different sellers, £26.99 and £99.00 on the 23 and 28 June respectively. On the 4th July Paypal put a 'temporary hold' on these refunds and the money has therefore not been credited to my bank account! It is now the 10 July! How on earth can this be acceptable?! This is not Paypal's money and is completely unethical. I will be cancelling my account as soon as I get my money. Ridiculous. Can't even speak to a person - it's an automated voice message! The only thing it said was that they can hold onto this money for 30 days. So they earn a month's interest from MY MONEY? I don't think so Paypal. Account will be closed. Not on. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Mazzy3

If its on temp hold then this applies (and its NEVER 30 days) >.

https://www.paypal.com/gb/selfhelp/article/i-paid-by-instant-bank-transfer,-so-why-is-my-refund-on-h...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Mazzy3
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you kernowlass, my original payments were taken on 7 and 12 June, so I don't understand the delay.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.