I'm confused.

Sean_Quinn
New Community Member

A while back I spent $12.85 on eBay with a gift card but I never got the item. eBay sent an email saying that the item was taken down but I still paid. Then I just got an email from PayPal saying that I got the money sent back to my account, I never had one at the time, so I make one and there is no money on it. Where is my money?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

TheJayJayStore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Unfortunately, eBay sends all refunds to your PayPal account. That may or may not change in the next few years as eBay has recently signed an agreement with Adyen as another payment option. PayPal, fortunately, will still be an available option. This will start in North America as a small scale "in the second half of 2018, expanding in 2019 under the terms of the Operating Agreement with PayPal. In 2021, we expect to have transitioned a majority of Marketplace customers to the new payments experience" - eBay. You don't need to take any action at this time.

However, if you don't have a PayPal account, you will need to create one with your eBay registered email address to claim your refund - you could always change the email address once you receive the refund. In the unlikely event that eBay isn't able to send refunds to your PayPal account, they may provide refunds by coupon redeemable for purchases on eBay. You might have to contact eBay for that last part.

Did this help? Let me know by giving me some kudos and selecting this as the solution. Otherwise, go ahead and reply to this message with the correct solution. Also, help other's in this community! Enjoy!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sean_Quinn

If you did not log in to a paypal account to pay then you would have paid as a 'guest buyer' via a card.

If so then refunds would go back to that card, paypal say allow 30 days but its normally around a week.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.