I have a payment fur merchandise but i need to give a tracking number first, is this a scam

SarahEL
Contributor
Contributor

- this is the email--------- Forwarded message ---------- From: "ASHLEY <removed>" &lt;<removed>&gt; Date: Jan 14, 2018 11:41 PM Subject: To: &lt;<removed>&gt; Cc: You've received an instant payment This email confirms that you have received an Instant Payment of 650$&nbsp;from&nbsp;Penny <removed>&nbsp;via PayPal MERCHANDISE Payment Service. Reversals :&nbsp;This method&nbsp;of&nbsp;payment&nbsp;can not be reversed. Status:&nbsp;Pending&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Require Transport Company Payment*** View the details&nbsp;of&nbsp;this pending&nbsp;transaction&nbsp;below Summary of this transaction Sent From <removed>Sent to sarah <removed> . Sail.com Transaction ID3CP879375C758570E Merchandise Amount 160$&nbsp;&nbsp; Money G Charges &nbsp;50.00$Transport Charges Total Amount Merchandise Title 210.00$ 210$ Auto - Purchased Transport Company:&nbsp;"American Shipping Company " Courier Details: Name: Catherine Lorraine <removed> Address:<removed> City Cumberland State Maryland Zipcode 21502 COUNTRY usa Address Status:Confirmed&nbsp; NOTE:&nbsp;This is to confirm to you that the mentioned amount has been successfully transferred by the Sender and been deducted&nbsp;from&nbsp;her Account which is ready to be credited into your account and this&nbsp;Payment&nbsp;has been subjected to be a&nbsp;Payment&nbsp;for&nbsp;a&nbsp;MERCHANDISE&nbsp;purchased&nbsp;from&nbsp;you, we reserve the right to make sure this&nbsp;transaction&nbsp;is&nbsp;100% Safe and Secured&nbsp;also to verify the legitimacy level on this&nbsp;transaction. The above sum includes&nbsp;the transport charges and taxes&nbsp;as we and the Transport Company quoted for the buyer (as per PayPal&nbsp;MERCHANDISE&nbsp;PAYMENT&nbsp;POLICY). You will receive a Message&nbsp;from&nbsp;the PayPal Customer Verification Department Shortly informing you on how to send the Transport Fares and Taxes to the transport company with the above Courier details as soon as possible. You may contact PayPal customer service by&nbsp;Contacting Us&nbsp;and Quote the Above Transaction ID for quick recognition of this transaction.

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Your email didn't paste in very well, so it's kinda tough to read.

If you sold something then you would see the details of that in your PayPal account Activity Log. Within the transaction details it will tell you if it's covered by Seller Protection and provide the address to ship to.

If you don't see the transaction in your account then it didn't happen. If it's not covered by Seller Protection then it will be up to you to decide if you want to risk delivering the product or not.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@SarahEL

It's a scam.  PayPal does not ask for tracking number at all.

Forward to spoof@PayPal.com

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Your email didn't paste in very well, so it's kinda tough to read.

If you sold something then you would see the details of that in your PayPal account Activity Log. Within the transaction details it will tell you if it's covered by Seller Protection and provide the address to ship to.

If you don't see the transaction in your account then it didn't happen. If it's not covered by Seller Protection then it will be up to you to decide if you want to risk delivering the product or not.
Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@SarahEL

It's a scam.  PayPal does not ask for tracking number at all.

Forward to spoof@PayPal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.