I have a negative balance

sarahdgp
New Community Member
Why do I have a negative balance?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @sarahdgp,

Welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear about the negative balance, and I'm happy to help with some general information.

A negative balance could be caused if you made a payment and the funding method declined to fund the transaction, such as in the case of an Instant Transfer that uses a bank account, where the bank account funding fails when we request those funds and the backup payment method also fails. You can check your account's Activity and click to view the details of any recent transactions to see if there are any issues with the funding.

Another possibility is if you received a payment for a sale, withdrew or spent the funds, and then there was a dispute on that transaction. The funds in that transaction would be put on hold, causing your balance to become negative for at least as long as the dispute is active, and possibly afterward if the dispute is not found in your favor. You can check the Resolution Center to see if there are any disputes.

Those are the two scenarios I can think of. If neither of those describes what you see, please reach out to customer support for account-specific assistance. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.