I got a refund but never got the money

Dagda
Contributor
Contributor

I have linked a debit card and waited 7 days for the refund to become available  bui never got the funds in my paypal account or bank accout, how can i fix this thanks

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dagda

How did you fund the paypal payment to the seller that was refunded?

Did you use that debit card or did you just add it after the refund?

How did you pay, did you log into your paypal account or pay as a guest buyer?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Dagda
Contributor
Contributor
@kernowlass Oh hello there, yes I paid with my current debit card, not added later or something, is the card I always use for this account, and I paid the seller by logging in in their Website the seller refunded me the little amount he charged me extra. I had no issues with refunds before since I got a refund 2 months ago without issue
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dagda

Refunds to cards normally take up to a week (paypal say allow 30 days though).

I would give it a few more days and if a no show then give customer services a call to put a trace on it.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Dagda
Contributor
Contributor

oh thats very long, but thank you anyways

Login to Me Too

Dagda
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlassI have one more question, i got a payment today, but that went to my paypal cash instead of my debit card, so payments work different as refund?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dagda

Yes, if you fund a payment via funds already in your paypal balance OR bank transfer then refunds go back to your paypal account balance.

If you fund a payment via a debit or credit card then funds go back to that card automatically.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Bentleybroc
Contributor
Contributor

Ya so why when a seller on chinabay (ebay) suddenly doesn't have the item they are selling do you have to wait a week for your **bleep**ing money.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bentleybroc

Perfectly understandable answer but sorry don't waste my time on folks that swear.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.