I feel ripped off, no options in resolution center

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I never knew it would be so hard (= impossible) to request a refund, for never receiving merchandise. First, Ebay told me I did not 

"escalate" soon enough, so I lost my rights there. Then Paypal is telling me I need to escalate the complaint by Janm 30, but provides no means to do so. 

Maybe there is some combination of hidden buttons that I can eventually learn by exploring enough. But basically it looks like I have limited/no protections from the ripoff seller. 

Any advice, how can I escalate in response to this email? I find no option to "escalate to a claim"....

"Your case regarding the payment you sent to MTrustyTraders will automatically close on January 30, 2018.

If you are still trying to resolve this problem with your seller, but can’t reach an agreement, you will need to escalate it to a PayPal claim before January 30, 2018. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome.

We will automatically close the case unless you log in to the Resolution Center and escalate it before January 30, 2018. Once a case has been closed, it cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim."

[Probably I'll stick with Amazon from now on, I don't want to go through this 3 month pointless process again.]

Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
You should see the dispute in your Resolution Center inside your PayPal account. When you click into the details of the dispute you will have the option to escalate it to a claim.

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I totally appreciate that you are trying to help. Also one of my scattershot complaints to Paypal resulted in a 'help' email, which I will try to follow.

Here is the problem: I am in one of two places I believe is called resolution center. It says OPEN CASES 1.  It also says THERE ARE NO CASES IN YOUR QUEUE CURRENTLY.  The word DISPUTE does not appear.

When I click on the OPEN CASES it takes me to the exact same page.      Where should I find DISPUTES?

Now I can go to the other place that looks like a resolution center (old timey interface) by hitting REPORT A PROBLEM button. There I see my recent purchase but not this old dispute. I can filter by '3 months' to bring up this October 19 transaction. I do not see the word DISPUTE, but there is something called OPEN CASES (1). If I click on that it takes me back to the first resolution center.

Hope you understand, I would love to follow your suggestion but I see no way to do so. Just loops.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Did you actually open a dispute on PayPal or were you just relying on an eBay dispute?

Login to Me Too

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying. My email says

"Your case regarding the payment you sent to MTrustyTraders will automatically close on January 30, 2018. If you are still trying to resolve this problem with your seller, but can’t reach an agreement, you will need to escalate it to a PayPal claim before January 30, 2018. By escalating to a claim, you would be asking PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome."

I thought I had made a claim, and I am getting emails in relation to my 'case'. Maybe I missed a key step, what should I do? I can't find any options in the resolution center, once I call up my transaction.....

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@bikescience

I wasn't asking for a status I was asking what you did.  Did you specifically file a dispute with PayPal?  If so, when and what type?

Login to Me Too

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

wrote:

@bikescience

I wasn't asking for a status I was asking what you did.  Did you specifically file a dispute with PayPal?  If so, when and what type?

Good question. I guess I couldn't say. I went to the transaction and made whatever complaining noise I could make. This resulted in an email to me explaining that I have to try to reach out to seller (as I already did with no result, in EBAY). And then, that I would have 30 days or whatever to escalate if the seller does not resolve.    If that is a dispute then yes, I filed a dispute (but don't know how to find it on the website). If that is not a dispute then I did not file a dispute, and I can't figure out how to file one. All I get is a circular bunch of links. [Both in Chrome and Edge.]  Thank you for trying to help.

Login to Me Too

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all potential helpers: in case it would clarify anything, here is a new experience I had. In the HOME section of 'my account' it says RESOLUTION CENTER -- THERE ARE UNRESOLVED PROBLEMS, CHECK ON THE STATUS OR RESPOND.

Frankly I expect that, I had complained about no product from vendor and that is the only unresolved problem I can think of. 

But when I click on the link or the arrow, it takes me to OPEN CASES (1), RESPONSE REQUIRED (0). That would seem to say I don't need to do anything. But I can't see that open case to be sure. And my recent email from paypal said that my case will close Jan 30 if I don't escalate it to a paypal claim.    Where can I find the option to do that?     

Login to Me Too

bikescience
Contributor
Contributor

My update: I finally found a phone number and called. Got through in 60 seconds. The staff person escalated for me (hooray). When I asked why I couldn't find any 'escalation' or 'claim' or 'dispute' options in resolution center, he breezily said "we have been experiencing problems". So, whatever that means, my current case seems to be on track.        Thanks everyone for trying to help.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

There are 2 issues:  eBay dispute and PayPal dispute.  They do not work together.

It appears that you did not file a PayPal dispute.

Go back and review exactly what you did with eBay.

There are eBay members here with more expertise.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.