I can't buy a gift card

Olgina87
New Community Member

Hello. I wanted to buy banana republic gift card for $50. When I was checking out I was redirected to the page with message: Sorry, we can’t complete your purchase at this time Please return to the merchant and choose another way to pay. I have enough $ on my account. This is my preferred method of payment. I have my address confirmed and a phone in my account. When I was trying to order a card I linked my debit card, but this option didn't work too. Is it possible to buy gift cards without debit or credit card? What was the trouble with my order? Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Purchases will be limited until you add a credit card or bank debit card.  PayPal wants assurance that you have funds avaiable, especially when purchasing a cash card.

Login to Me Too

Uzzgaming
New Community Member

I'm having the same issue... I try to get a Gamestop card for myself, and I constantly get that message! I try multiple times and won't allow me to buy myself a dang card!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.