I am wanting to send a friend in Canada a little money.

lynnea1
Contributor
Contributor

I am wanting to send a friend in Canada a little money. I have no idea how to do it, but Im sure it cant be too awfully difficult.  I have her email address, can anyone tell me how I do this? So I have to worry about the exchange rate, or is that automatic?

Forever grateful!

Lynne

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lynnea1

Click on send money > select the family / friends option > put in her email address AND DOUBLE / TRIPLE CHECK ITS CORRECT (if its not you may not get your money back again).

Put in the amount you want to send and then select the currency from the drop down list next to it.

You will pay a cross border /currency conversion fee BUT if you FUND that payment via your bank account (and NOT a card) then its a lot cheaper.

Also don't use funds in your paypal balance UNLESS you have converted them to the other currency first.

Finally before you click submit it will show you how much in your own currency will be debited from your funding source ie bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lynnea1

Click on send money > select the family / friends option > put in her email address AND DOUBLE / TRIPLE CHECK ITS CORRECT (if its not you may not get your money back again).

Put in the amount you want to send and then select the currency from the drop down list next to it.

You will pay a cross border /currency conversion fee BUT if you FUND that payment via your bank account (and NOT a card) then its a lot cheaper.

Also don't use funds in your paypal balance UNLESS you have converted them to the other currency first.

Finally before you click submit it will show you how much in your own currency will be debited from your funding source ie bank account.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

lynnea1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you!  I followed your direction and it worked, easy peasy!  I was making it harder than it had to be.  😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.