I am unable to receive refund to my non us verified Paypal account.

Javsco
Contributor
Contributor

I have a non-US verified Paypal account.

On June 5th, 2017, i sent payment of $100 via Paypal. The seller wishes to refund a partial payment, an amount of $70 to my Paypal account. He tried to send the refund on August 22nd 2017, but was unable to do so. He received the following message below when he attempted to send the $70.

"This recipient accepts PayPal payment only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service."

In the past, i managed to receive partial and full refunds from other sellers via Paypal without the seller receiving such a message as shown above. For some reasons, the seller is unable to send the refund.

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Javsco

You can only send and not receive payments in your country, however I don't think that should apply to refunds.

So ask the seller if they are using the 'refund' option which should be ok or the 'send money' option which would result in that message.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

Javsco
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Kernowlass. You are right about your solution. I also contacted support and replied that I live in a country whereby i can only send, but not receive funds via Paypal. This is due to some rules and regulations in my country. So what had happen, the seller was trying to send me the refund thru the send money option. As the result, the seller receive the following message below.

"This recipient accepts PayPal payment only through their website. To complete this payment, please go to their website and follow their instructions, or email the recipient for instructions. If you continue to encounter problems, please contact customer service."

In order to receive the refund, the seller had to follow instructions as shown below.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
3. Click the payment you want to refund.
4. Click Refund this payment.
5. For "Refund amount," enter the amount you want to refund, and then click Continue.
6. Review your information to make sure you entered the correct refund amount, and then click Issue Refund.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Javsco

Well everyone that is NOT in the U.S has a ''non-US'' verified paypal account.

So what country are you in?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Javsco
Contributor
Contributor
I am in Tanzania.
Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Javsco

You can only send and not receive payments in your country, however I don't think that should apply to refunds.

So ask the seller if they are using the 'refund' option which should be ok or the 'send money' option which would result in that message.

Click on the link below and select the country you want from the drop down list for options available in that country.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-country-functionality-outside&dispatch=5885d80a13...

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too
Solved

Javsco
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks Kernowlass. You are right about your solution. I also contacted support and replied that I live in a country whereby i can only send, but not receive funds via Paypal. This is due to some rules and regulations in my country. So what had happen, the seller was trying to send me the refund thru the send money option. As the result, the seller receive the following message below.

In order to receive the refund, the seller had to follow instructions as shown below.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click Activity near the top of the page.
3. Click the payment you want to refund.
4. Click Refund this payment.
5. For "Refund amount," enter the amount you want to refund, and then click Continue.
6. Review your information to make sure you entered the correct refund amount, and then click Issue Refund.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.