I am not a business, can I still use this for personal payments?

outdoork9lady
New Community Member

I am not a business.  However, I'm about to have a garage sale where I will have items that are quite pricey.  If I had one of these, people might be more apt to buy something, even if they do not have cash on hand.  Also, I'm a crafter for family and friends.  On occasion, a friend or family member would like me to make something for them...they are not always nearby, can I use this for payment?  I have had them send me money on paypal or a check, but this would also be convenient.  

Bottomline, do I have to be a business to use one of these?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@outdoork9lady

If you have a business account paypal will expect you to provide business information and sales receipts etc.

You can easily sell on a personal account and also use it for personal payments.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

outdoork9lady
New Community Member

I went to use the application but it basically wouldn't work without a "business" so I am unclear how to use this for personal occasional use?

Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

There are some services and apps that require you to have Business Account - if you are using a service or an app, have you contacted the service or researched the app for their setup requirements ??

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.