I NEED YOUR HELP

Cr817
Contributor
Contributor
Sent a invoice to the buyer and I got a email back saying that he paid and " To ensure a safer transaction environment and provide added security to your buyers, this payment will show in your pending balance once the buyer confirms the item has been delivered. The payment will typically be available 21 days from the transaction date, or once the buyer confirms they're happy with the item. " So I said cool but I decided to check today for the money and it said that " the buyer hasn't paid yet " . ???? Did I get a fake email or what?? Or do I need to wait longer for the money to come in?? I already sent the item to the buyer so if someone could help me out with this problem ASAP THAT WOULD BE NICE THANKS!
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scam email.  What the email claims is not how PayPal works.

If your account is subject to PayPal 21 day hold, payments that is actually sent would first appear in your "Pending balance" prior to you shipping the goods, not after.  Then after you ship, upload tracking and PayPal confirms delivery, the money from "Pending balance" will appear in your "Available Balance".  

Always check if there is a record of payment in your account first. Don't just take the word of emails to heart but as a cue to check your account for payment by logging on directly at PayPal.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Scam email.  What the email claims is not how PayPal works.

If your account is subject to PayPal 21 day hold, payments that is actually sent would first appear in your "Pending balance" prior to you shipping the goods, not after.  Then after you ship, upload tracking and PayPal confirms delivery, the money from "Pending balance" will appear in your "Available Balance".  

Always check if there is a record of payment in your account first. Don't just take the word of emails to heart but as a cue to check your account for payment by logging on directly at PayPal.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You may want to try intercepting the package first thing Monday at your nearest post office.

Login to Me Too

Cr817
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I wish I had noticed this earlier Unfortunately it's already delivered to the guy's house.. Is there anything else I can do? Should I call UPS or PayPal?
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Not much you can do.  Just learn from the experience.  What? You gonna call UPS and what are they going to do? Go back and retrieve the package? UPS can only intercept if it has not been delivered yet. And PayPal is not going to do anything but tell you to be careful and beware of the types of scams, and especially when there is no actual payment that took place, they can do nothing.

Login to Me Too

Cr817
Contributor
Contributor
Figured . Thanks anyway
Login to Me Too

Cr817
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks I wish I had noticed this earlier Unfortunately it's already delivered to the guy's house.. Is there anything else I can do? Should I call UPS or PayPal Monday?
Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

you can try sending him a Paypal invoice,saying tracking shows it has been delivered so here is the invoice.

this is USPS fraud and USPS has a fraud division and local police should be notified ,you can also report to FBI website,

none of these will upset the scammer.but try it if  hope springs eternal

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.