How to send money internationally

Stointon
New Community Member
How do you send a friend/colleague/family money via PayPal internationally? From USD TO Pounds Sterling Are there fees involved?
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey Stointon,

In order to send money internationally, the receiver has to either accept the different currency, or it has to be converted before it's sent. The person sending the funds will also pay a cross-border fee, which is standard on any international payment. Whoever does the conversion would have to pay the conversion fee. These conversion rates are based on the market, which updates multiple times a day. 

I hope this helped! Have a great rest of your day.

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

AZJennifer
New Community Member

I set my account to receive in the U.S. the currency a friend is trying to send from Canada (20 Canadian dollars), but she keeps getting an error message stating that my account is not set up to receive money internationally. Is there another setting I need to change? 

Login to Me Too

AZJennifer
New Community Member

trying to delete the duplicate reply

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.