How to reconcile PayPal Account in Quickbooks regarding 'Dispute Activity' line?

AdamNYC31
Contributor
Contributor

I have a question about how to account for the ‘Dispute Activity’ on my monthly PayPal statement in Quickbooks when trying to reconcile my PayPal account.

We have a large volume of transactions; around 1000 each month.  We record all the sales and refunds in Quickbooks.  Any disputes that we lose we record the refund in quickbooks. If a payment is received, held and then released back to us we don’t do anything other than record the initial payment being received. 

At the end of the month when I try to reconcile my account I’m left with a difference which generally matches the ‘dispute activity’ amount from the monthly statement.

For example, I’m working on a monthly reconciliation at the moment. I’ve confirmed our beginning reconciled balance is correct. I’ve also confirmed all deposits and withdrawals have been recorded accurately. I’m left with a difference that matches the ‘dispute activity’ from the monthly statement.

How can I properly account for this ‘dispute activity’ amount while ensuring the bank reconciliation is done properly.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.