How to get my money back

ShadowedSnake

Ok so this has been going on for a long time, Over 3 months. I have about $49 locked in the account. To get it out they wanted me to 'verify myself', I tried changing my name to my mom's name so she could. We gave all the information they asked for serveral times before soon PayPal stopped responding all together. For the past few months, its been stuck on Submitted For Review. Now I know for sure that it doesn't take this long to review something like this so they are pretty much avoiding us. All I want is to get my money back. And out of here. We are planning to call them today or tommorow, although I have little hope that will help.

Any suggestions?

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShadowedSnake

You can't change a name on a paypal account to 'another person'.

Why did you not just verify it in your name?

Are you under 18?

Why have you not provided the info that they asked for?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShadowedSnake

I figured out I couldn't change the name on the account after trying serveral times to do so. I am infact under 18, and I provided all the information they asked for, numerous times. Each time it was declined or something. I cant provide them with my own info as I dont have the information to do so,
(Too young)

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ShadowedSnake

That is why then, you are not allowed to open a paypal account until you are 18.

You can phone them but it will make no difference as your paypal account would be permanently limited.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

ShadowedSnake

Wow....so they basically just took my money. I probably would have been ok if it was a smaller amount but its nearly $50.

And there is nothing I can do about it.

Should've just stuck with crypto.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.