How to convert USD to MYR (Balance Conversion)

Alanj2007
Contributor
Contributor

I do see that you can actually do that (like I said in the title)

It does say that you do have the option if you have Malaysian account, and I'm using it now

but I don't see the option at all?

Actually, I'm not sure if Paypal does recognize me as Malaysian or not, need some help on that too!

Is there a way to verify it?

malaysia currency.png

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Alanj2007
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I did contact Paypal, they called me and explained things regarding this issue. They said that I really can't do it, the only way to increase the MYR amount to my account is to use the top up feature, associated with the bank they currently support in Malaysia

Just highlighting for those who have the same struggle and might stumble upon this topic

Besides that, thank you for trying to help!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Double check if your PayPal account is an actual Malaysian account.  Go to your account Profile, look for Nationality in the Account Options section on the left.  

Where are you trying to convert to MYR?  During a purchase? When trying to send money?

Do you keep multiple currency balances in your PayPal account?

What is your primary currency? Click below to find out

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_profile-currencies

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Alanj2007
Contributor
Contributor

I don't see an option for Nationality or am I just seeing it wrong?

where is nationality.png

Also, I do have multiple currencies, USD and MYR, and MYR has been the primary

myr primary.png

I went to Lazada.com.my, which is an online shopping for my country, and it only accepts MYR, that's why I want to convert my USD money to MYR

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Ok, I did some research and it turns out that currency exchange feature you are trying to use is not available for PayPal accounts in Argentina, Brazil, and Malaysia.  That is why there is no selection for MYR.  Maybe withdrawing to your bank or card will convert the USD to MYR.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too
Solved

Alanj2007
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I did contact Paypal, they called me and explained things regarding this issue. They said that I really can't do it, the only way to increase the MYR amount to my account is to use the top up feature, associated with the bank they currently support in Malaysia

Just highlighting for those who have the same struggle and might stumble upon this topic

Besides that, thank you for trying to help!

Login to Me Too

adamdin88
New Community Member

Yup, true we can't convert from USD to MYR due to goverment restriction (possibility BNM rules regulation). The only way you an do is to transfer it into your registered bank account. LOL..

Login to Me Too

EmporisM
Contributor
Contributor

I want to know the rate in PayPal from USd  to myr when doing purchase .as I know normally is higher then market rate.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.