How many time must a .....

werhq
Contributor
Contributor

How many attempts are taken to use money from my bank account before PayPal switches to my credit card to get their money they sent thru Instant Payment?  So far I am up to four tries by PayPal each costing me $29.00.  $116.00 is a lot of money to spend at my Bank when all  Paypal needs to do is charge my card and get their payment.  Thanks.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@werhq

Would have been better to have just paid with your card in the first place?

But normally they try x2 and then go to your card, not sure why they have done it more times for you.

Your best bet is to phone them and ask?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

werhq
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Member kernowlass,

Thank you for your time and assiatnce.

I usually do pay with my card but being only human and in a rush to get things done that day, I forgot to change to my CC.  Right after making payment I relaized that I forgot to make this change and contacted the Payee to have him refuse / return the payment, but much like myself he was in a rush too and by that time it was to late.

2x is what I have seen too  from all of the research I have done prior to posting this question.   I guess I just have a never ending black coud over me.

I would phone them, but being disabled from my 20 years in the USAF, it is not all that easy for me as I type more effectively than I can speak  when communicating.  If a valid reason is not provided here, that will be my last option. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@werhq

Well no one here can give you a valid answer, we can only advise.

We have NOTHING to do with paypal, we are just sellers that voluntarily help out on here.

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?

You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.

It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

werhq
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for letting me know about your affiliation and that no one there has the answer..

I am not a fan social media.   I doo want to thank you for providing me those links as that would solve such problems I have mentioned.  I'll give them a try later.

Happy Holidays to you and yours,  Ed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@werhq

Happy Christmas to you to.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

werhq
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you.

I called PayPal today.  Its seems they have a software glitch in their system that shows the bank Account as the Back Up Funding Option instead of my Credit Card.  They are aware of this and asked me to contact them if this happens again.  They mentioned that I was not the only one this has happened to and they are working hard to fix this.  They sent me a credit for the two times over the two tries in their policy, so all is well.  I just wanted the PayPal community to know this and hope that you find it useful.  Best regards,  Ed

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@werhq

Thanks for the feedback Ed, good to know.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.