How long does pending authroization take to refund?

kbenson
Contributor
Contributor

Wanted to order a gc from Bestbuy, went thru paypal payment and used avail funds as payment method. After paypal window, I went back to vendor confirm order screen and decided not to place order (just closed window)

I got email from paypal that payment was approved a few minutes later and also saw payment pending (now in that status past 3 days)

Emailed bestbuy gc and was told they have no control over that and that I needed to contact paypal -(current wait 20-40 min)

I tried to file dispute, but pp will not process it.

Any idea how long it takes b4 funds are restored?

Thank you

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Jinsixiengmay
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, so it sounds like you already placed the order when you went to PayPal to set up payment. If it is still pending purchase you can still cancel it by going to view your pending purchase and click cancel. If it states it already has completed then you have to ask seller for the refund. When this happened to me, I caught it right away and went straight to pending purchase and cancelled it and it was cancelled instantly with my funds back in my account that same day. Hope this helps.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.