How long does a refund take to process to your PayPal balance?

Unicornlover283
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I bought an item from a site last night and changed my mind so I decided to have them cancel it. I paid with my PayPal balance, not a card. How long should the refund take? Thanks for your help!

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

Normally it doesn't take long, 3 to 5 days at the most normally, sometimes faster, but don't let them give you the run around, they can reverse and refund in 10 minutes if they want too, I have had people say they will refund me and have the money back in my acct in 10 minutes, some of them will make you wait 3 to 5 days.

Login to Me Too

Unicornlover283
Contributor
Contributor

The site I used was Newegg. I heard some people had really hard times getting refunds from them but others get it right away. My PayPal account still has the authorization and no indication it has been canceled. This all happened about 15-20 minutes ago.

Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

I would give them until in the morning to respond, If they don't respond or issue a refund, I'd call paypal and have it cancelled. 

Login to Me Too

Unicornlover283
Contributor
Contributor

I heard PayPal has excellent buyer protection. Will they get me an instant refund if I open a dispute?

Login to Me Too

Unicornlover283
Contributor
Contributor

UPDATE: Just wanted to say that I have recieved my refund and the authorization was removed from my account. So relieved!

Login to Me Too

casper27292
Contributor
Contributor

Awesome, glad everything worked out for you, Have a great week

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.