How likely is a seller to win a dispute?

omar9830
Contributor
Contributor

I just recently sold sneakers to a buyer last week and he is now trying to say he didn't receive them. In the dispute I sent screenshots of me purchasing the shipping labels, and of the tracking numbers stating the packages got to him. Is this enough to win the case? I'm also not verified, does that play a factor in a dispute? I just recently sent my info to get verified.  If this isn't enough to win the case, what else can I send to prove I'm trying to be scammed?

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

scparts
Contributor
Contributor

Is this thru eBay?  Have they opened a case?  If it is eBay be sure to reply thru the case, upload the tracking even if you have it in messages, it has to be in the case as well.  If you have proof that the item was delivered you should win the case as long as you shipped to the address without changing it at all.

Login to Me Too

omar9830
Contributor
Contributor

@scparts wrote:

Is this thru eBay?  Have they opened a case?  If it is eBay be sure to reply thru the case, upload the tracking even if you have it in messages, it has to be in the case as well.  If you have proof that the item was delivered you should win the case as long as you shipped to the address without changing it at all.

This was through PayPal invoice. He made a dispute which he then made into a claim.

Login to Me Too

scparts
Contributor
Contributor

If you have proof of delivery and shipped to the address on the account you should be covered under seller protection.  Just make sure to include all the documentation, even though they should have it, provide it anyway.   There are some instances that seller protection is not provided, you can do a quick search for that on the site and get the details.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.