How does Seller make a full refund to Buyer?

smex
Contributor
Contributor

Currently opended new website selling items.

But a problem came up that, Buyer purchased items and paid via paypal, but item is not available due to soldout(I could not check item was available.. it was my fault), so seller(me) trys to refund full amount of the money buyer paid.

Here as far as i know, paypal charges refund fee(fixed fee such as 0.30$), thus, how is it possible to make full refund to buyer as they paid.

Does refund fee charge to seller side or buyer side? i cannot get it exactly? 

If seller charge refund fee, would be fine, but if buyer charges, i might lose customer....

Would you please describe exactly with example 100$ payment?

and one extra question...

Like Airbnb, how is it possible to pay after host confirmed? I think guest alredy paid via paypal, then get confirm from host that accept or deny of usding accommodation on that day..... i can't get it.... any idea?

Thanks for the help

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seller did not get disadvantaged with the fixed fee.  It is a fee the seller pays to use the service.  You can't take back the use of the service, so you don't get a refund on the fixed fee.  It is your business cost.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

To refund, just go to the PayPal transction and select the refund and do it for the full amount.  The the other party WILL receive the full amount.  Your % seller fees will be refund but the fixed $0.30 fill will be your cost.

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@smex

If the buyer paid $100, the total PayPal fee is $3.20. Enter $100 as the amount you want to refund. PayPal refunds $2.90 you refund $97.10 to total $100 back to the buyer.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

smex
Contributor
Contributor

what about fixed fee of paypal ($0.30)? 

Meaning that refund is always seller' cut? Seller got disadvantage?

Login to Me Too
Solved

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Seller did not get disadvantaged with the fixed fee.  It is a fee the seller pays to use the service.  You can't take back the use of the service, so you don't get a refund on the fixed fee.  It is your business cost.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@sharpiemarker wrote:

@smex

If the buyer paid $100, the total PayPal fee is $3.20. Enter $100 as the amount you want to refund. PayPal refunds $2.90 you refund $97.10 to total $100 back to the buyer.

when did Paypal retain the 30 cents fee?

It does make sense though,when buyer pays you with a credit card ,Paypal has to pay a service to verify the card is good,and there is a fee involved,so it makes sense to recover that cost from the seller.

also a refund is considered a credit entry and there is a transaction fee.

as a seller,you have to be cognizant when you conduct business.   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.