How do you transfer money from paypal to greendot debit card?

Dragonking2356
Contributor
Contributor

I need to know how can I send money from my paypal account to my greendot debit card so I can use it on places that dont accept paypal.

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

smigein
Contributor
Contributor
Link it to Citibank and then enter routing and account info
Login to Me Too

Sassytinkrbell
Contributor
Contributor

How do I link a greendot card to Citibank? I am new to Paypal and have funds I need but I don't want it going to my bank account. Can I get a greendot card and send it over that way

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

First, there is no direct way (that works) to move money from PayPal to Greendot.  You will have to withdraw money to bank account linked to your PayPal and get a Greendot card, link the same bank account to it to add money to your Greendot card from the same bank acct.  PayPal does not let you represent a card as a bank with account and routing number.  It will give an error message or something.  When you add money to your Greendot card with an outside bank account, it is called an express transfer and it costs $2.95 per transfer.

You are better off getting a PayPal debit card, but you need a business account or a personal account that has received at least $500 within the last 12 months.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/debit-card

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Sassytinkrbell
Contributor
Contributor

How is this done exactly. You say link to a Citibank card...is that who greendot uses

Login to Me Too

Mcneilldot
Contributor
Contributor
I was told the transfer was complete but it is not showing up on my greendot card, how long does it take to show up
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi Mcneilldot,

Debit card withdrawals can take between 30 minutes to 24-48 hours, depending on if it passes a security check. If for some reason it is reversed, we'll notify you via email. I apologize for any inconvenience, but I hope this information helped!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.