How do you Downgrade?

PerfectYoda
Contributor
Contributor

How do you downgrade from a business account to a personal account?

I accidentally created a business account and want to have a personal account and I can't find out how to downgrade.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectYoda

You can downgrade x1 but you have to phone customer services and they will do it for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PerfectYoda
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

You have to call them?

Is there a way to email them? because that would be easier.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectYoda

Go ahead if you want to and email, unfortunately you may not get a very productive response.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PerfectYoda
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Where do I go to email and downgrade?

Login to Me Too

PerfectYoda
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Where do I go to email and downgrade?

Login to Me Too

TimePerfected
Contributor
Contributor

If you rather not call, then close out the business account and open a new personal account. 

Emailing is going to not get any good responses as it's hard to verify that you are who you say you are over email. Emails get hacked and compromised.

You can call. You can also download apps that can call the USA for free if you are in a foreign country.

Good Luck! Smiley Very Happy

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@PerfectYoda

Sorry late reply, to email you go to help / contact bottom of paypal pages.

BUT its best if you don't want to phone to contact them via their Twitter or Facebook pages where you can send them a private message. They will downgrade an account that way as well.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Rich

Hi,

We can certainly assist you with downgrading your account when you reach out to us via social media but we will need to have that request emailed to us as we can not take action on PayPal accounts through social media directly due to security concerns. We will provide that email information upon receiving your contact on Facebook or Twitter. 🙂

By the way, emailing us through the "Help & Contact" option does work but if you receiving an automated reply after your first attempt, reply to that message and you will then be assisted by a PayPal agent. The automated replies are meant to assist you in resolving the issue yourself and they do help a majority of contacts but I can understand how they are a nuisance when they don't address your issue fully. Just send a response and you should be good to go. 

- PayPal_Rich

As you slide down the banister of life, may the splinters always point in the right direction.
- Irish Proverb
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.