How do I reauthorize automatic payments with a merchant?

cynthiatr225
Contributor
Contributor

I tried setting it up again through the merchants website but the payment keeps getting denied because of me canceling automatic payments with them in the past, how can I reauthorize it? 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

mlmames
Contributor
Contributor

I need help with this as well.  I have been spending a lot of time trying to figure this out.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I can understand why a company would not want to allow you to set up automatic payments when you have a history of cancelling a previous payment through PayPal rather than with the merchant.  You are a high risk customer and the merchant has a right to refuse to grant you a subscription service.

Login to Me Too

mlmames
Contributor
Contributor

I have figured out how to do it.  Go to:

Account

Payments

Manage preapproved payments

Open the link for the merchant in the list

Then, you can change the status and/or change the funding source

I had cancelled Google because my kids were using it for games but wanted to reinstate for myself after I changed my Paypal password.  I was able to make it active through Google Play, but I had to go to Paypal to change the funding source.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

TheMidge
Contributor
Contributor

I my case i looked up the seller info to reauthorize payment, but there was no way to change it from cancelled.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.