How do I reallocate payments towards my promotional balance?

LLCoolKris
Contributor
Contributor

Hey guys, the email support system seems pretty weak for paypal, every time I get a response they say that I have to send another separate email from the site again and cannot reply to them, which is tedious and frustrating, and after running through hoops to talk to an actual person over the phone, I got disconnected on.

Does anyone know how to reallocate payments towards my promotional balance? I have the no interest/nopayments if paid within 6 months promotion. Currently if I pay the minimum not a single dime goes towards the promotional balance. I was wondering if anyone has experience with this or knew what direction to guide me in. Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
17 REPLIES 17

Claytond
Contributor
Contributor
I have the same question someone please answer. .
Login to Me Too

ljsense
New Community Member

I have the same question. I recall doing this once years ago. It seemed there was a field to request it, but I don't see how anymore.

Login to Me Too

petnzoo
New Community Member

Why can't Paypal Credit offer an option on the payment page to pay promotional items first? They make it very difficult to allocate payments this way, and will only do so by contacting them separatly. Meanwhile, folks get mad trying to get through. Anything for a buck! Why bother offering a promotion, when you have to call and ask them to pay the promo items?Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

Bigdaddybolo
Contributor
Contributor

They make it difficult because they don't WANT you to figure it out.  If you figure it out... they they won't get to surprise you 6 months later with a fat interest transaction.  If you are familiar with Amazon or Capital one... you'll know that these places make it easy to pay off a promotional balance or apply ALL your payments to these balances.  It's just a dirty PayPal practice to take advantage of customers.  Sad...

Login to Me Too

cmills48
New Community Member

Frank, now that you've told me how to allocate my payments, do you know how far back Pay Pal will reallocate what I've already paid?  I paid a considerably more than the minimum due in order to pay off my promotional purchases. I was not aware the overage wasn't going to those purchases.  Will Pay Pal correct this for me?

Thank you.

Login to Me Too

Cade1
New Community Member

Wow! That is a shameless method of doing business.  

Login to Me Too

wildwezzal
New Community Member

Frank,

Thanks for the answer, but an answer to the follow-up regarding fixing past payments over the minmum not applied to the promo balances would be very well received.

James

Login to Me Too

zippytex
Contributor
Contributor

How do I physically pay off a 6 month no interest purchase.  Do I just make my regular payment and then a few days later make a full payment for the 6 month?  This is driving me nuts and the help on the website, does not help at all. Thanks.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

@zippytex

You can pay off the promotional purchase any time you want within the  promotional period.  I wait until about 2 days be expiration and then just pay in full. 

Cautin:  if you have some non-promotional purchases there are different rules, so pay attention to the rules on page 2 of your full printed monthly statement.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.