How do I cancel pending payment on Paypal Credit (Bill Me Later)??

pokethecloud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was setting up a payment for my Paypal Credit balance and after I submitted it I was taken to a screen stating that there was an error processing my request due to poor connection. I refreshed the page and set up another payment---same thing. I refreshed the page and on my transaction history page it lists two pending payments for Paypal Credit!!! I do not have enough in my account right now to process two payments and there is no option on the side that allows for me to cancel it. What the heck????

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

isa81
New Community Member

And I thought I was the only one!!! I was so mad when I was on the phone with customer service that I had a screaming match. It is very confusing, you place the payment, go back to home page and it still says that you payment is overdue. I did it again, and then for some reason ended on the scheduled payments and I had two! In my case I have been selling like everything and anything on eBay to get my sons Xmas gifts and now I won't have money because it will be stuck on paypal credit and they won't do anything, until it can be refunded. BS!!!! They can delete it, they just won't!

And I can't find anyway to delete than payment just like you would in any other website!

Login to Me Too

jhermbaby
New Community Member

that's EXACTLY what they said to me only they did offer to credit me if i sent them the bank proof of charge to stop thecharge from prcoessing.

Login to Me Too

JMTownsend83
New Community Member

so...no resolution to this issue?I made my payment tonight, and the site said there was an error, but when I reloaded and posted payment, the payment didn't go through. so I called their customer service, and they refused to correct the issue.  At this point I suppose I'll have to contact my bank and put in a fraudulant charge claim...

Login to Me Too

heylee
Contributor
Contributor

Appears to be no easy way of cancelling your account online.

To close your account, please call Customer Service at 866-528-3733 7 AM to 1 AM ET Monday-Friday, and 9 AM to 11 PM ET Saturday-Sunday.

You can also send a letter (including your account number) to:

PayPal Credit
P.O. Box 5018
Timonium, MD 21094

Login to Me Too

jhermbaby
New Community Member

Hey! Just actually called and spoke with them myself. Even if you accidentally paid $200o towards your PayPal Credit because you accidentally pressed complete, PayPal Credit (BillMeLateer) does not have the option whatsoever to cancel the pending payment to them, even if you submitted it 3 seconds prior. The only thing you can do is notify your bank that the payment (if scheduled to go in the day you accidentally posted) will post as "pending" in your bank at 5pm. Good news is the bank can put a stop on the withdrawal, and due to PayPal credit not having the "tools" or "system" (Blows my mind thinking about some poor old lady accidentally putting 50000 in when she only meant 50. That's absurd) But if you get charged for the bank to stop the ayment from posting which in most cases is $35, send in a copy of the proof that your bank charged you to stop it with all other info related to the problem and email them, or call and speak to one of the supervisors. That's what happened two seconds ago to me! The supervisor was super kind and totally empathized with my situation so I'd recommend at least doing tnat, unless you don't care about your bank charging you..

Login to Me Too

luminousechoes
New Community Member

I emailed them about cancelling a duplicate payment that I made toward my paypal credit account, and they emailed me back with these instructions:

Here's how to change your payment:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.com.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Change underneath the pending payment.
  4. Update the payment details and click Continue.
  5. Review the payment details and click Pay.

Here's how to cancel your payment:

1. Log in to your account at www.paypal.com.
  2. Click PayPal Credit.
  3. Click Cancel underneath the pending payment.
  4. Click Cancel Payment.

Convenient, right? Except these options are nowhere to be found. I don't see a 'Cancel' option under either of the pending payments. I emailed them back and told them. Still waiting on a response..

Login to Me Too

sshofner
New Community Member

OMG, luminousechoes, those options do not exist! You are absolutely right! So thought I was stumbling onto the "fix!!"

I'm just astounded that there's no way to do this. Never ever run into this anywhere else...sigh

Login to Me Too

temp201811165
New Community Member

I just had to deal with this.  It is ridiculous that this is even an issue.  I had the wrong bank account selected for a payment on my account, and called immediately after submitting the payment.  Paypal was absolutely no help at all.  The best solution my bank could come up with was to link the correct bank account for an ACH transfer, and hopefully it will link and process a transfer prior to the paypal payment coming out.  Everything else involved fees to stop, or cover the payment, which I will still incur of the payment posts prior to a link/trnasfer.  

TLDR - As of right now, there is NO WAY for paypal to modify or cancel a payment you just made a few seconds ago, so make sure all your info is correct before submitting.  WTF paypal?

Login to Me Too

tgellen
New Community Member

Click on the link "My PayPal Credit summary"

It is on that page you will find the "edit/cancel" option

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.