How do I cancel pending payment on Paypal Credit (Bill Me Later)??

pokethecloud
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I was setting up a payment for my Paypal Credit balance and after I submitted it I was taken to a screen stating that there was an error processing my request due to poor connection. I refreshed the page and set up another payment---same thing. I refreshed the page and on my transaction history page it lists two pending payments for Paypal Credit!!! I do not have enough in my account right now to process two payments and there is no option on the side that allows for me to cancel it. What the heck????

Login to Me Too
23 REPLIES 23

Sunny520
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry tgellen, just tried that and there is absolutely NO edit/cancel option anywhere!!!  This is outrageous.  What kind of company is this?  Other credit card companies allow you to do this.  Looks like PayPal is just pretending to be one.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Frank
Administrator
Administrator

Hi Sunny520,

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulties.  The option should be there.  But if a transfer has already been initiated from a bank account it's too late for us to stop it.  For example if you initiate a payment for the same day, the transfer requests are submitted very quickly.  If the payment was scheduled for a future date, the option to cancel should be showing.  I just scheduled a payment on my own account to test and I see the option:

Below is a screenshot of the PayPal Credit page after clicking the "Manage Payments" link.  Here's the direct link to the page: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/credit/

I hope this helps! 🙂

- Frank

If you see a helpful post, please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Sunny520
Contributor
Contributor

Thank-you Frank.  This happened yesterday and it's too late now because the payment already went through.  But as of yesterday, it was still pending.  I think the issue is that I had scheduled it for the same day, so I was unable to edit/change it.  I spent a very long time trying and those buttons just were not there.  The thing is, even though it was scheduled for the same day, I had hours before it actually went through.  (I even checked my bank online to be sure.)  I realized the mistake right away.  There should be an option to cancel even if the payment is scheduled for the same day.

Login to Me Too

uridiscence
New Community Member

Frank, 

There is NO LINK on my accounts page that says "Manage Payments." It only says "View Payments" and none of those options in your screen shot match my screen. 

PayPal really needs to fix this. 

Login to Me Too

MagicBeans
New Community Member

I do have to say that the lack of this feature is utterly ridiculous and needs to be fixed by Paypal immediately. Every other credit card payment page offers this option. I accidentally submitted my payment for today instead of two days from now and noticed my error within 15 seconds of pressing the button, yet still no way to go back and correct my error. Everyone makes mistaked but the lack of this simple and standard feature after numerous people calling attention to it is a complete failure on Paypal's end. Do something about it.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I just checked my PayPal PENDING payment and it CAN be changed.  This is the same as with other credit cards where PENDING PENDNG payments cn be changed. 

On the other hand, a payment iniitiated as an instant payment cannot be changed.

Once an immediate electronic payment is initiated by the user after multiple options to confirm, there is no recall.  That's typical.

Login to Me Too

sfarns4

@DPCreationswrote:

I just checked my PayPal PENDING payment and it CAN be changed.  This is the same as with other credit cards where PENDING PENDNG payments cn be changed. 

On the other hand, a payment iniitiated as an instant payment cannot be changed.

Once an immediate electronic payment is initiated by the user after multiple options to confirm, there is no recall.  That's typical.

My payment still says pending, but there is no cancel button.  This is obscene.  I will have to pay a $28 fee for my bank to cover this payment and I will be in the hole for the amount they covered because of this.  

Login to Me Too

BAMBC
Contributor
Contributor

None of these ways are workig for me to cancel a Pay Pal Credit payment 😞

Login to Me Too

BAMBC
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate all replies, but I can't find anything to help me find a way to cancel payments. 

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

I don't think you can cancel a payment once it is initiated.

You should be able to modify/delete a scheduled payment that hasn't reached the scheduled payment date.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.