How do I cancel a pending/unclaimed peyment?

ymir94
Contributor
Contributor

Was purchasing a product with paypal. Just sent money via friends and family and I'm not hopefull of getting my product.

Status of payment is pending but I can't see a 'cancel' button. Can I still somhow cancel that payment?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ymir94

You only get a cancel option if you have sent it to an invalid email address.

If it was to a COMPANY then  >>

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

BUT

If the payment goes through and you used friends / family then you can't file a dispute BUT if you used your credit card you could contact them and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ymir94

You only get a cancel option if you have sent it to an invalid email address.

If it was to a COMPANY then  >>

When you pay a company (rather than an ebay seller or individual), then it is always pending until that company processes your order and captures the pending payment.

If they don't process that order and capture the pending payment then the pending status times out at 30 days post-payment.

BUT

If the payment goes through and you used friends / family then you can't file a dispute BUT if you used your credit card you could contact them and see if they will chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

ymir94
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the answer. And will the payment automatically transfer back to my account after 30 days altough it's via friends and family? 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@ymir94

IF it was to a company and the company do not claim it then yes it will time out.

But the payment would be released more quickly if you just ask your bank account or card company to release it back again as it has not been claimed they have just released the payment for the company to collect.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sabina_Angelia
Contributor
Contributor

If you send the money to incorrect email address or phone number and the transaction is still showing unclaimed, all you need to do is to go to the transaction details in your history and just click cancel under order status/actions.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sabina_Angelia

OP stated there was no cancel option.

They also did not deny it was to a company.

Therefore if it was to a company it would time out at 30 days.

If it was not to a company then if the payment does eventually go through and item does not arrive they can file a dispute.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.