How can I transfer money from Paypal account to my bank account without routing number?

yo1sggk1
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone!

I would like to ask about money transfer. 

How can I transfer money from Paypal account to my bank account without routing number?

I made US Paypal account last year in the US. Now, I was back to Japan and I want to transfer money from Paypal account to my Japanese bank account. However, Japanese bank doesn't use routing number. But, Paypal wants me to have both routing number and account number. 

So, how can I transfer the money?

Thank you for your seeing!

Login to Me Too
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

For US Accounts you need both a routing number and account number.   Unfortunately you cannot link a non - US Bank account to a US PayPal Account.  If you're in another country, then you need to open an account associated with that country.   Bottom line, what you have in mind won't work unless you open a new account in Japan.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yo1sggk1

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

For US Accounts you need both a routing number and account number.   Unfortunately you cannot link a non - US Bank account to a US PayPal Account.  If you're in another country, then you need to open an account associated with that country.   Bottom line, what you have in mind won't work unless you open a new account in Japan.

Login to Me Too

yo1sggk1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your answering!

This answer solved my problem!

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@yo1sggk1

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

yo1sggk1
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for your response!

That was helpful!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.