How can I change my primary billing address? PayPal says only that "I need to try again later"

thew30442
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I've just moved from one house to another and I'm trying to get PP to "accept" my new address (I just sold my old house on MLS and bought the new house on MLS, and I would expect that PP would see the new house as a legitimate residences in the continental US,.)

But after following PP's instructions re. "adding a residence" to one's credit card, when I then enter "save", PP pops up the message "cannot process change now. Please try again later.)

I'm on the east coast. Does PP have a helpline that I can phone to have someone walk me thru this, or assign me a case no?

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

As members of the community do have access to user account info or the tools to help you, unfortunately the only option is to contact customer service for help.

Login to Me Too

T_Seatt
Contributor
Contributor

It won't let you because that address is on your creditcard.  It's really annoying that the message doesn't simply TELL you to update creditcard info first, just "try again".  I called on the phone a month ago, they didn't know what was causing that.  Today I called again and they helped me thru it, but have not fixed the website "try again" message.  Go update your creditcard address first then come back and and do your shipping address updates.

Login to Me Too

jjstiff

I believe I was have the same issue as well.

See also: https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/About-Settings/Can-t-update-address-in-profile/m-p/1476397/highl...

First, try to create your current address one more time, but make sure to mark it as primary during creation.

Then, go through all of your cards and make sure they link to your current address.

Finally, you should be able to delete your old addresses.

Does this help?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.