How can I Find information from Transaction ID

JohnRehn
New Community Member

I found a paypal transaction in my email that I don't recognize using a charge card that I don't recognize.  Is there a way I can find more information on the transaction using the attached Transation ID???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JohnRehn

May be slightly different in your country but this may give you the gist.

Go to "activity" top of your paypal page > on the right of the page under "simple / detailed" click on statements > activity export > then on the left of that page under history click on advanced > then in the drop down box under "find a transaction" you can search by email / name / date etc etc etc OR you can click on advanced instead of basic and go back year by year.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @JohnRehn,

I'm sorry to hear about what sounds like unauthorized activity in your account! If there's a card added to your account that you did not put there and a transaction that you can't recall making, it would be best to report the activity as quickly as you can. If you have any difficulty using the steps in that link, please contact customer support. You can reach customer support by Facebook, Twitter, or phone or email.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.