How To Setup an Invoice to be Paid by a Variable number of People

LegallyDave
Contributor
Contributor

My wife and I are doing little mini seminars, once per month.  We advertise and anywhere from 4 to 12 people come, at a cost of $25 each.  We tried creating an invoice last month but as soon as the first person signed up and paid, the invoice was closed and no one else could pay.  Not even sure what to call it.  Thanks much!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You certainly can use PayPal to collect payments for you seminars, what you can't do is try to use an invoice in the manor you intended.  Invoices are not designed to allow more than one person to pay, you would have to send an invoice to each individual who wants to attend, not just the single point of contact however, having a web page with an perhaps a Buy Now type button or custom form would be a better approach whereas you could send an email to that single point of contact who in turn could share the payment link with other who plan to attend.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

What you have in mind is not supported via invoices.  

A better option would be to have a web page whereas everyone comes to one place to pay.

Login to Me Too

LegallyDave
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the quick response Snow Cat, so do you mean that I can't use Paypal directly for collecting this type of payment?

Login to Me Too
Solved

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

You certainly can use PayPal to collect payments for you seminars, what you can't do is try to use an invoice in the manor you intended.  Invoices are not designed to allow more than one person to pay, you would have to send an invoice to each individual who wants to attend, not just the single point of contact however, having a web page with an perhaps a Buy Now type button or custom form would be a better approach whereas you could send an email to that single point of contact who in turn could share the payment link with other who plan to attend.

Login to Me Too

LegallyDave
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again Snow-Cat for your time

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.