Holds on receiving Friends and Family payments...Why does PayPal have these hidden limits?

TheChairman
New Community Member
PayPal claims that, if your account is verified, you can receive or send up to 10,000 in a Friends and Family transaction. That is alot of money. Recently I had a friend send me about 3 transactions in a week totalling about $200. Then the same person sent me $500, and it was put on HOLD. I called PayPal and the first three agents blatently lied to me, and blamed the problem on their "system." Finally I called and outright asked if their system was experiencing any problems, and the agent said not that he has been made aware of. Then he explained that the reason my money was on HOLD was because it was unusual and part of a large set of transactions in a short period of time. In my opinion this is peanut amounts of money, and I can't understand the issue here when PayPal claims to allow up to $10,000 at a time. Why am I being hassled about less than a grand? PayPal really needs to post these "hidden limits." This hold has been a serious burden on me. I had my friend try another, smaller transaction of about $100 and that was of course placed on HOLD, too. Any ideas here, folks?
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.