Hold On Account

kathys2204
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I sold my first item on Ebay. The item has been delivered as of 4 days ago. There is still a hold on the payment sent to me.

How long does this take and why is it held if the item was received by the buyer?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kathys2204

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kathys2204

Ebay and Paypal are 2 separate companies and have 2 separate policies for holding funds for new sellers.
If yours was an Ebay transaction then its an Ebay hold and Ebay authorise when paypal can release the funds.
Normally for the Ebay hold funds are released when tracking shows the item as delivered + 3 days if you use Ebay / paypal postage.

Info in this Ebay link below about Ebays hold.

http://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/payments-and-fees/funds-availability.html

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Efrainhjunior
Contributor
Contributor
Same exact situation with me. That still doesn't answer why If it's been 4 days since the item was delivered it hasn't lifted the hold. No where on my PayPal account does it say anything about it being held due to eBay. It says I need to provide documents such as ID, tracking number, verification of address, invoice, etc. I have sent everything they asked for and it says waiting to be reviewed. It's also says I need to provide all this documentation before a specific date but yet does not give me a specific date that it will be resolved since I provided everything. It's ridiculous I resolved my part quickly yet they still take Thier sweet time as if I didn't really need that money. Which I do which is why my item was sold to begin with! Why does the buyer get the item but I can't have my money?! Makes no sense! Once is this resolved completely I'll never use PayPal ever again! And will advise EVERYONE against using it as well! First and absolute last time user!
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Efrainhjunior

Your problem has NOTHING to do with the new seller hold as per my post above.

Sounds as if paypal are reviewing your account for whatever reasons and that has nothing to do with the hold for new sellers.

You don't have to provide documentation for that.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.