Ho do I issue a refund from a Closed PayPal

supul
Contributor
Contributor
I'm a eBay seller and I got limited and closed my PayPal in last month. PayPal notified me to withdraw funds and close it within 7 days and open a new PayPal in the country where I currently live. The problem occurred when a buyer didn't receive a item and he has opened a eBay dispute and now he is asking a refund. However the PayPal has balance of only $1.5 but the total refund is $6.00. I have tried using refund button in the eBay resolution center and also in PayPal transaction but the refund was not allowed. Also I tried to top up the account to increase the balance but it was also unsuccessful. Top up link always redirected to the login page.
This buyer insists if he don't get refund he will escalate the case to eBay customer support. It will hurt my seller ratings very badly. Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Supul
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Send him the $6 with your new PayPal account as Friend and Family payment.  You can grab the buyer PayPal email address from the PayPal Receipt you received when they made payment.  Make a note that this is refund for eBay transaction ID and name of item you sold on the payment when you send it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.