Help

Aprildudley
Contributor
Contributor
I sold a locker on craigslist any someone bout it and I had to pay the movers $300 and I payed another $300 for insueies and now paypal wants me to pay another $600 for injuries and paypal will not re less my money what do i do?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aprildudley

You have been scammed.    Smiley Sad

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number OR >>>.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aprildudley

You have been scammed.    Smiley Sad

THIS IS A TYPICAL PAYPAL SCAM.

They encourage you to use paypal.

You will get/got a "fake" email that looks as though it is from paypal.....it isn't.

It will say the buyer has paid ...you won't have been paid.

They will tell you that the payment is released when you provide paypal with a tracking/shipping number OR >>>.

If the item requires shipping they will tell you that they will pay you extra and you must pay the agent via western union / moneygram BEFORE the funds are released to you.

They are not interested in the item, they just want the western union etc funds and you will never see money in your paypal balance.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send trackable, they advise it for seller protection etc but it is not compulsory.

Paypal NEVER tell you to send an item before the payment is showing in your paypal account.

Paypal NEVER expect you to use a rival money transfer service.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Aprildudley
Contributor
Contributor
I have send $300 and 650 how can I get that money back.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Aprildudley

You can't.

Its a scam, none of the messages were from paypal, they were spoofs.

If you sent the money via western union or moneygram then you have lost it.     Smiley Sad

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

lancelotme
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Aprildudley wrote:
I have send $300 and 650 how can I get that money back.

how did you send the money?

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

You are seller, you do not pay.  You get paid.  You send the invoices.  You arrange for shipping and insurance AFTER you get paid on your own terms.  Or it's cash and carry.  Funny, you started out selling a locker but you end up paying the bill.  lol WTH.

Likely paid via moneygram or Western Union.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.