Help with scammer!

Minervamom
New Community Member
Hello, so I was scammed for 253$ and I'm genuinely upset with paypal response. So first and foremost I contacted paypal and told them whom scammed me and for how much. They opened a review case thst said they would contact me back on the 19th, on the 17th they mysteriously closed the case and acted like nothing happened. They then put a limited sign of my account and have so far done nothing, they even rejected multiple photographs of my location so I can't verify for some reason. But more importantly they are letting a scammer get away. I have no clue what to do anymore, and am genuinely upset with paypal response. I trusted paypal, I payed extra on every purchase for this buyer protection but paypal has so far not helped me back. All I want is my money back, that's it. Removing limited from my account would also help, but most importantly my money. If someone can tell me what to I'll gladly do it.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Minervamom

Difficult to advise as you have not said HOW you paid, HOW you funded that payment, HOW you were scammed, WHAT dispute you opened ie the reason or why you had to prove location?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

wart
Contributor
Contributor

get in line - if you have been scammed - than community help forums is not the place to be.  the place to be is somewhere you can relax and meditate or be at work earning money.  paypal is not and will not protect you from fraud - period.  if you have been stolen from and paypal will not help.....then quit using paypal and move on.  do not bother the police - this fraud or theft or forgery takes place on the internet....the police do not deal with internet fraud or forgery.  it is a sad world we live in - paypal buyer protection is a shield of smoke against theft - it simply does not exist and only has the placebo effect with both buyers and sellers.  paypal is on this planet to make money on all transactions.  how much money do you think they are really going to set aside to pay employees to battle fraud?  very very veeerrrrryyyy little.  why should they?  you mean you want them to take money out of said fraudsters account and put it back into yours?  why should they?  they have already made money on the original transaction.  i guess they could rewrite their made up rules and say that they will keep bouncing the money back and forth between you and the supposed fraudster for a fee.....and then fraudster will call in and they will reverse the transaction again for a fee....and do this until there is no more money.  i could see that happening for sure in the future....but to think that someone is paid to listen to you and hear you and to make a logical decision???  no....this isnt going to happen.

go meditate - make peace with the situation - dont do business with paypal unless it is dealing with an amount of money you can afford to lose.

i know all of this because i have been stolen from as both a buyer and a seller via paypal....and they are like the ocean with a poor swimmer....they simply do not care if you die or not.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi Minervamom,

I'm sorry to hear about this recent experience. For additional assistance, I recommend reaching out to our teams directly so they can see what options are available. Our teams can be reached by clicking on the "Contact Us" link in the Help Center or on Twitter or Facebook.

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyP

Hi wart,

I can assure you that this isn't the experience we want our customers to have. If you can reach out to our teams directly, they can have these circumstances reviewed to see what options are available. I strongly encourage sending a message to our teams on Twitter or Facebook so we can continue to help!

-AshleyP

If you found my reply helpful, please accept it as a solution. Thanks!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.