HOW TO CONTACT PAYPAL FOR A REFUND

Floridaboy1
Contributor
Contributor

Haven't used Paypal much, and now I remember why. I was attempting to pay for a class and used the email address the instructor gave me for the payment. However, the address Paypal auto-filled was an old address the instructor no longer uses and has no idea how to access. How do I contact Paypal, hopefully get a human on the line and talk about this?

Thanks,

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Click on Help and Contact at the bottom of the page and then go for phone contact options.  Make sure you use the one-time passcode option.

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the payment transaction?

Did you pay as good/services or family/frends/gift?

If you want a refund you need to  contact the service seller.

Login to Me Too

Floridaboy1
Contributor
Contributor

I paid as 'goods and services'. I'm in contact with the seller who tells me he hasn't used the address in 10 years. Again, Paypal autofilled the old address and would not accept the new address. I'm apparently the only one who has had this problem. 

Login to Me Too

Floridaboy1
Contributor
Contributor

One other person had this problem...? And the Paypal phone system is down... just my luck. Might this be indemic of other system problems today? Any one else having problems?

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction in your PayPal activity on your computer?

Is there an option to file a dispute?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.