HOW MUCH CAN I SELL ON EBAY BEFORE I GET A 1099

JORDEN1999
Contributor
Contributor

HOW MUCH CAN I SELL BEFORE I GET A 1099 FORM? IS IT $20,000 AND 200 SELLS OR IS IT JUST 200 SELLS OR JUST $20,000... SO IF I SELL OVER 200 ITEMS BUT ONLY MAKE $14000 WILL I RECEIVE A 1099 FORM?   THANK YOU!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

angelleye
Advisor
Advisor
Technically, if you make more than $600 you are supposed to be issued a 1099. Not sure where you're getting the $20k / 200 sales numbers from..??

Angell EYE - www.angelleye.com
PayPal Partner and Certified Developer - Kudos are Greatly Appreciated!
Login to Me Too

JORDEN1999
Contributor
Contributor

1099-K

EBay and other online resale venues will submit a 1099-K to the federal government if your sales exceed a certain dollar amount or number of transactions. This stipulation applies to sellers who had $20,000 in gross sales or more than 200 transactions in the calendar year. All online sellers must have tax identification information on file. If your sales meet these criteria, you will have to pay taxes on it, but there are ways to lessen the tax bill.

THIS IS WHAT I'M SEEING WHEN I GOOGLE!

Login to Me Too

JORDEN1999
Contributor
Contributor

THIS IS ALSO ON PAYPAL SITE!!!How does PayPal report my sales to the IRS? Will I receive a tax Form 1099K?

PayPal will track the payment volume of your account(s) to check whether your payment volume exceeds both of these levels in a calendar year:

• $20,000 USD in gross payment volume from sales of goods or services in a single calendar year
  • 200 payments for goods or services in the same year

You may be asked to provide your tax identification number (TIN), such as a Social Security Number (SSN) or Employer Identification Number (EIN), to your existing account(s), if you don’t already have one on file. If your TIN fails verification, you will need to fill out an equivalent tax Form W-9.

If you cross the IRS thresholds in a given calendar year, PayPal will send Form 1099K to you and the IRS for that year early in the following year.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.