HELP! Why Can't I send money using my bank account only?

Silverstar93
New Community Member

I made a purchase on thursday, with the understanding I would pay friday. I asked to use my online banking's bill pay option, I only needed to enter their bank account. They refused to give my the account number, said I needed to use a card. 

I have signed up for paypal, entered my bank account, and entered the phone number to send them money. But when I do, it asks for my card number, which I don't have a card.... the very reason I don't just use my card in the first place!

My card was lost, I since found it but it is too late, I already cancelled it. 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

iubjaved
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hi there,

You need to confirm your bank account before you send/withdraw money using it. To confirm, 

1. Click Wallet at the top of the page.
  2. Click the bank you want to confirm.
  3. Enter the exact amounts of the 2 deposits made to your account, then click Submit.

If you're in a hurry, you can confirm your bank instantly. Look for the "Confirm Instantly" button on the confirm bank page. You will need to enter your user ID and password for your online bank account. This information is not stored in PayPal's system and is used to match up with your banking institution to confirm ownership. Once this information is entered correctly, your bank account will be confirmed instantly.

Login to Me Too

teberde
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, there's no option to confirm my bank account. I'm in the Philippines, and I wonder if this is a limitation for non-US bank accounts?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.