HELP! PURCHASE STUCK IN "AUTHORIZATION" AND BANK PROBLEM

anniemalfries
Contributor
Contributor

HI I purhcased from Bare Necessities and I used my linked bank account.. and Bare Necessities has shipped my items out but the balance is not being taken out of my bank account, and it is has not since 3/8 why is that?? And now I cant remove my bank account but I added my debit card as a backup payment, is that because Paypal still needs to take the money out of my bank account? It's already 3/12 and the amount has not been taken out of my bank and is not showing up on my statement either. HELP! Thank you!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Where was the money taken?

Login to Me Too

anniemalfries
Contributor
Contributor

From my linked bank account on Paypal but the problem is that I ordered and it says AUTHORIZATION on 3/8 until now its 3/12 and the $19.12  has not  been taken from my linked bank account,. and I cant delete my linked bank account on Paypal. Why?? Help! Also when will Paypal take out hte $19.12 out of my bank account??

Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

What are the details of the transaction in your PayPal account?  What is the status there?

Login to Me Too

anniemalfries
Contributor
Contributor

The details says PENDING  Bare Necessities "Authorization" -$19.12 and then thats it.. It's been like that since 3/8.. and the money has NOT been taken out of my bank account yet and PAYPAL WONT LET ME REMOVE my BANK ACCOUNT. So will Paypal take out the $19.12 from my bank account soon..?? Because its already 3/12..

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Why do you want to remove your bank account?  Are you trying to cancel the transaction, or you're afraid you will not have enough to cover the purchase and you are trying to stop the withdrawl?

If the order status is "Pending", your order has been received by the seller, but your payment has not yet been processed.

For most purchases, the seller will complete the payment within a few days of receiving the order. For purchases of goods, many sellers will complete the payment when they are ready to ship your purchase. For some purchases, such as services, rentals, or hotel stays, the seller will complete the payment after your purchase is fully delivered.

The status of an order will continue to display as pending until it expires, is completed, or has been voided.

You may also contact the merchant and ask if they processed the payment correctly or at all.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

anniemalfries
Contributor
Contributor
I was going to pay with my debit but Bare Necessities has already shipped my items and so I just left my bank account on there. I just want to know when PayPal will take out the amount from my bank? I have enough for the $19.12 I just don't feel comfortable linking my bank account on there if it's going to take so long taking out the payment.
Login to Me Too

DPCreations
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Taking long to actually take money from your bank account is actually a good thing; it allows you to keep your money longer.  It's like don't pay your bills until you have to pay them.

Why do you want to give up your money sooner than you have to?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.