Getting paid through paypal using an email address

moondev
Contributor
Contributor

I have sent payments to another developer who uses just an email with PayPal. I thought I also had registered and received an email address to do so but I can't find it any place I look. For the other developer, I just use his email with PayPal and I get a window to fill I the amon=unt to send and then it is done. Works like a charm but I cannot figure out if I, or how to, implement(ed) it for myself.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_AshleyM

Hi moondev,

Great question - you can receive money just by giving someone your email and having them use the steps listed here. Anyone can send a payment from their PayPal account, they just need your email!

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

moondev
Contributor
Contributor

I see from the link that this is to send money and I am guessing that if my email address at PayPal is ###@##.### then I just need to place my PayPal email on a website to get this to work? Doesn't it need some kind of linkage to even get to PayPal. The way it sounds won't work without some reference to PayPal and I am not sure how to set that up. I am not the one who wants to send money I want my customer to send me (millions if possible) money and I don't know how that would work although I have used it to send money to others

@PayPal_AshleyM wrote:

Hi moondev,

Great question - you can receive money just by giving someone your email and having them use the steps listed here. Anyone can send a payment from their PayPal account, they just need your email!

- Ashley M

before so I know that it exists.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_AshleyM

Hey moondev,

Thanks for coming back to the Community with more details. Great news, what you're looking for is easily created, but you'll need a business account. This feature is called PayPal buttons, and you can set them up using the details here. If you need to upgrade your account to a business account, follow the steps here. Alternatively, you can create a PayPal.Me link to receive payments as well. Information on that is listed here. I hope this helps! 🙂

- Ashley M

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.