Funds On Hold date extended

Ray34
Contributor
Contributor

It's strange that Paypal and eBay would give a date when my funds would be available then a day before they are to be released, the date changes to an additional 12 days! Item shipped on time and arrived at customer fast.  eBay states that I would get my funds faster if I do what they say. I did. But the customer does not leave feedback. Can't force a customer to leave feedback and I dont know if that effects payment to me. Final value fees are too expensive (a $1544.00 transaction cost me $154.00 in fees eBay only mind you. Did not ship it free because of these fees. Why take more money out of my pocket when eBay still getting there $154.00.) not to forget Paypal fees, so slap on est. $35.00 to that (which Paypal takes RIGHT AWAY....Hmmmm) and the On Hold delays that i'm experiencing now make it useless for me to continue doing business with these companies. Please release my money so I can move on! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Feedback does not count towards release of funds.  Confirmed delivered tracking do and it is looking like high value and type of item sold also plays a big part.  They don't want you running off with that money too soon when a transaction is high risk when buyer has 180 days (good feedback or not left) to file a dispute.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Ray34
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. I guess I should have sold $1 store items instead. Oh me to want to sell something worth anything on eBay to put some coin in my pocket. I followed the rules they noted for quick payment to me and the item was delivered with tracking all confirmed delivered a week ago. So now customers can enjoy the fruits of their transaction while sellers eat crow for weeks. You would think that my transactions for high priced items would not be held because I have a great track record with high price items in the past. No negative transactions or feedback. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Established sellers are also subjected to the hold if their selling patterns reflect a change or transaction values unexpectedly spike.  This regimen is PayPal managing their risk if we do not do our part in that by either keeping a reserve in our PP accounts or resolving a customer issue without a dispute, if it comes to that, as a selling practice.  An open dispute puts money from your account on hold.  If you have no money in it, a negative balance put on it and you have to scramble to zero it out or suffer any number of consequences. Just today there is a case where a user was deducted twice on a refund because there was no funds to cover the dispute.  Once from eBay and once from PayPal due to different their dispute funding policies.

And yes, the buyer gets to enjoys the fruits of their purchase and we have to wait until the coast is clear.  Those are the terms we agreed to when we signed up.  At least this regimen is not holding funds for 180 days and is temporary and put on some transactions and not on some.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.