Friend didn't receive payment.

Bloodinthesnow
New Community Member
I sent a friend twenty dollars, but she's in Croatia. The money was taken from my account but it never showed up in her PayPal. I was sure we did everything right, But, it just never showed up. It never asked for a conversion rate. So I just sent her twenty U.S dollars. It happened middle of last week and she hasn't gotten the money.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bloodinthesnow

If you sent in dollars and not in her currency then she would need to add USD as a receiving currency on her paypal account.

Get her to click on this icon next to the balance (>) and then click on 'manage currencies' under the pop up box. The option to add a currency is in that drop down box on the next page.

If and when the payment goes through she can then go back to the same page to 'convert' the dollars to her own currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Bloodinthesnow

If you sent in dollars and not in her currency then she would need to add USD as a receiving currency on her paypal account.

Get her to click on this icon next to the balance (>) and then click on 'manage currencies' under the pop up box. The option to add a currency is in that drop down box on the next page.

If and when the payment goes through she can then go back to the same page to 'convert' the dollars to her own currency.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.