Fraud

Chris213
Contributor
Contributor
I seem to have been **bleep** over by a couple of con persons. I sent to phones one to nigeria and one to Virginia is there anything that can be done or have i lost everything
Login to Me Too
11 REPLIES 11

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Most likely you have been scammed.

We would need more details, for example:

Did these people find you via Craig's List ??

Did you sent an invoice to the buyers first ??

Did the buyers offer to pay more than your asking price ??

Did the buyers provide unusual shipping instructions ??

Do you have any tracking numbers and did you insure the items ??

Was there any mention of Western Union ??

All of the above questions are indications of a scam - red flags !!

Login to Me Too

Chris213
Contributor
Contributor
I was told to ship express international and one express priority mail. Both emails seemed like they were from pay pal but said funds wouldn't be released until i sent a tracking number which i sent the picture of the reciept. One from nigeria said my payment would appear on my account in 48 hours and the other sent me a paypal payslip pdf and said the payment will show up in 16 to 24 hours
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sad to say, it a scam.   Not having the funds in your Account Balance before shipping is risk - and the paypal payslip pdf, that's a red flag as that's not how the system works.

Login to Me Too

Chris213
Contributor
Contributor
There is nothing i can do right besides report the emails to paypal?
Login to Me Too

Chris213
Contributor
Contributor
So for sure i am supposed to receive some kind of notification on my paypal account or on the activity bar after someone has posted a payment right?
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Correct - for any transaction, there should be a record of it in your Account Activity.   Normally you get two notifications - one email and also a notice in your Account Activity.  Sometimes, the email notification does not happen due to system issues however, there's always a notice in your account.  If there's no notice in your Account Activity, then you didn't receive the money.

Login to Me Too

Chris213
Contributor
Contributor
Please snow cat get back to me ASAP. One final question. Can i intercept a package shipping for tomorrow priority mail express in the us from new york to Virginia? I was able to make a interception request on post office but i wonder if i was too late?
Login to Me Too

Snow-Cat
Advisor
Advisor

Sorry, I don't know, hopefully you can.

Login to Me Too

Whac-A-Mole
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

wrote:
Please snow cat get back to me ASAP. One final question. Can i intercept a package shipping for tomorrow priority mail express in the us from new york to Virginia? I was able to make a interception request on post office but i wonder if i was too late?

yes,go to USPS site right now and intercept this package,an email wil be sent to the buyer post office,per your instruction not to deliver,return itback to you.

you pay a fee of 13.xx.

do it now.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.