Fee charged

Kterrano
New Community Member
I sold a used jacket on Facebook to a lady who paid me using PayPal. Why was I charged a fee of $7.05. I am not a business.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Kterrano,

That's a great question! I'm sorry that there is any confusion about receiving payments. I'm happy to clarify.

Any sale of goods or services is subject to a fee, whether you represent an established business or it's a one-time sale of a personal item. The selection of "goods and services" for a payment made when the buyer expects something in return is completely appropriate, and that's how the buyer gets purchase protection, and the seller gets seller protection. The only time that a payment should be sent as "friends and family" is when it is a gift payment with no expectation of something in exchange, and the payment is actually being sent to a friend or family member. In those types of payments, the recipient pays no fee.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.