Facebook Raffle page. Pay by Friends and Family. Don't mention Raffle!!!

RoyLittle0
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All,

I was a member of a Facebook group that raised money for animal rescue, the site ran Raffles to win prizes over a week’s period, tickets were asked to be paid for by Friends and Family, and a stipulation was not to mention Raffle in the payments.

I was originally an Admin on the site and I initially set up a Paypal account for the group to receive charitable donations, but when they decided to run raffles, I asked the question about why they were asking for people not to mention Raffle in the payment and was it right to ask people to pay by Friends and Family, one day after asking the question I was removed from the group and I have since stopped them using the account I set-up.

I suddenly got the feeling there was something seriously wrong and have broken all ties with the group but they have started a new paypal account and are still running raffles, they are still asking for money to be sent as Friends and Family and not to mention Raffle in the payments.

Am I being paranoid or is something not quite right with the way they are operating?

What can I do about it?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may want to read thru PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy, note the last section under Prohibited Activities.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

It's quite possible the group could have their PayPal Account locked should someone decide to open a dispute.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

You may want to read thru PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy, note the last section under Prohibited Activities.

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

It's quite possible the group could have their PayPal Account locked should someone decide to open a dispute.

Login to Me Too

RoyLittle0
Contributor
Contributor

That’s very interesting, can it be reported anonymously, as the whole site and group are vindictive ‼!

Login to Me Too

snowshoe
Frequent Advisor
Frequent Advisor

Anyone can send an email to PayPal.

PayPal's AUP Compliance Department at:             aupviolations @ paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.