Etsy seller hasn’t shipped, wants me to close PayPal dispute

Peachikeene
Contributor
Contributor
I ordered a wig from an Etsy shop. It had not shipped by the listed date so I contacted the seller twice before I got a response. She stated that she’s been in the hospital, that the wig was ready, and that she would ship when she got out. 6 days go by with no response, I again contact the seller asking if it had shipped (this was yesterday). No response, so today I opened cases with Etsy and PayPal. Seller promptly responds to that and will only offer a partial refund per her shops policy, and wants me to close the PayPal case because she alleges the “funds are locked”. I’m having trouble with both the fact that she’s only offering a partial refund when she was unable to ship when she was supposed to, and that she wants me to close the PayPal case. She did claim that she could have “someone” go ship the wig for her since she’s still in the hospital. What should I do?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

MrsneakMAN
Contributor
Contributor

Don't cancel it

Atleast not before he/she refunds you, otherwise you could get scammed (once more).

Since after a case has been closed, you can't make another for the same payment again

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.